Search This Blog

Thursday, 24 January 2013

"Update From Across The Pond"


"A Message from
Leah McGrath Goodman"

At last, I have received my UK visa -- a visa that will last me two full years!
And you, my wonderful friends, are the reason for this amazing victory.
I want to confide that at the final moment, the visa was held up by the UK Border Agency in New York, but Member of Parliament for Birmingham Yardley John Hemming put in a parliamentary question to Immigration Minister Damian Green about the delay and, presto, my visa arrived a few days later. (The magic of ministerial questioning.)
I also want to acknowledge the efforts of Jersey Immigration, which did a fantastic job of working with us once we were all able to fully communicate. (One of them actually contacted us late on a Sunday night to make sure all was in order.) In the final analysis, they had to overcome a struggle too.
I will be writing much more in the days to come, but for now I just want to say I am so grateful.
Let's show the world that the power of numbers (with a little help from social media) can bring justice to those in need. This is a new era and the Internet can accomplish much -- especially for those on a small island.
As I continue my work, I will be writing about what I find in my travels atleahmcgrathgoodman.com. Hope to see you there.
While you're at it, please also check out the blog of Trevor Pitman, the courageous man who launched this petition and a member of Jersey's Parliament. He can be found at:http://thebaldtruthjersey.blogspot.com
We're also on Twitter guys! But we don’t want to deluge you.
Next month, Jersey legislators will be voting on whether a Committee of Inquiry will be allowed to do a comprehensive vetting of the island's handling of its decades of child abuse. Will the committee be permitted to do a real investigation? This is an important time for eyes to remain on the island.
This is only the beginning, so please keep in touch. Remember, without your witnessing these events as they unfolded -- and, now, as they continue to unfold -- little would have changed. A thousand thanks to you.
We did it -- !
Leah McGrath Goodman
P.S. Your excellent notes of support have been passed on to the victims' advocacy group in Jersey, so those who still suffer every day know that people care for them. Because of your comments, they will not feel so alone.

4 comments:

  1. i sighed and so did my dog , just remember that e.o.m.f lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=202811836523613&set=a.164434063694724.36579.164148633723267&type=1&ref=nf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ian.

    Just put up the Audio of Deputy T. Pitman being Interviewed about Leah McGrath Goodman.

    You & your readers can Listen HERE

    TJW.

    ReplyDelete