Islander jailed for indecent images
· Be very cautious about posting identifying information about yourself or your family: e.g. your address, phone number or mother’s maiden name, pets name or date of birth that could be used to identify your security passwords.
· Remember what goes online stays online! Don’t say or publish anything that may cause you embarrassment later or anything you are not comfortably with anyone seeing.
· Don’t let peer pressure push you into something you are not comfortable with; like posting your mobile number or birthday.
· Some people lie online may not be who they say they are. Don't arrange to meet someone that you have only met online and don’t take anything at face value.
· If someone contacts you with weird or nasty messages, don't reply to them. Save the messages and contact the forum administrator. If you continue to be worried contact the Police on 612612 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.