People who won’t pay court fines lose benefits
YOUNG people who choose jail over paying court fines have their benefits stopped while in custody, says the Social Security Minister.
|Le Gresley turns Oligarchy|
Comments from the defendants, who were on benefits, made to the judges included that they would rather spend the money on themselves.
However, Senator Le Gresley wanted to stress that their income support benefits were stopped as soon as they went to jail.
The answer was this.
Harris then went on to state that the lad had to pay his fine as he would not be going to jail,
the lad said "I am still not paying it"
Harris said "You won't have a choice, it will come out of your social security money, we are CHANGING THE LAW".
The lad got up, started marching out of court and said to Harris
"THIS IS A FUCKING JOKE"
I first came across Francis Le Gresley at the Grouville hustings, he was running for Stuart's seat as Senator. He was running on the platform of honesty and integrity, and all the good work he had done with the Citizens Advice Bureau in Jersey, helping the common man to get some justice against a biased and profoundly corrupt and lawless government which had no interest in the island's people.
He told us a little story about when he was an honorary policeman, he had seen one of his colleagues (as had others) down nearly a bottle of whiskey and drive off home. He then proudly went on to explain that the very next day he resigned as an honorary cop, stating the reason for this was his colleague drink driving, and that he would not be a party to corruption like that. He got a huge ovation from the halfwits in the audience who sat there flapping their mitts like seals in reverence of his actions....I however, sat there in awe and wonderment trying too work out why he did not arrest his drunken colleague instead of turning a blind eye, keeping his mouth shut, and keeping his head down? But that's just me....
I got to know Francis a little after that and found him to be a pleasant enough guy. But after the the Grouville hustings I had grave doubts that he could retain his own mind without the Oligarchy pushing him in directions that he didn't want to go. He later brought a proposition to the house to rekindle the Jersey Child Abuse Committee of Inquiry which was successful. This I believe was the point where the Oligarchy took control of him, so dismayed they must have been with their boy that there was a chance now of the corruption and cover up being exposed.
Since that successful proposition we have heard little or nothing from the Senator, until now!
He now appears with the above proposition, unlawfully screwing the poor out of the little benefits they get, they have a right not to pay a fine, to choose jail as an option. There has been a worry for the Oligarchy that the youngsters are rebelling, not paying their fraudulent fines. See link below
So, what do the corrupt Jersey Muppet's do? They decide to change the law so they can recoup the kids social money, and save themselves a fortune by not having to pay to jail these youngsters.
Check out articles in The Universal Declaration Of Human Rights
- (1) Everyone has the right to take part in the government of his country, directly or through freely chosen representatives.
- (2) Everyone has the right of equal access to public service in his country.
- Everyone, as a member of society, has the right to social security and is entitled to realization, through national effort and international co-operation and in accordance with the organization and resources of each State, of the economic, social and cultural rights indispensable for his dignity and the free development of his personality.
- (1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
- (1) Everyone has the right to a standard of living adequate for the health and well-being of himself and of his family, including food, clothing, housing and medical care and necessary social services, and the right to security in the event of unemployment, sickness, disability, widowhood, old age or other lack of livelihood in circumstances beyond his control.
- Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein.