Search This Blog

Monday, 20 August 2012

"Safe Jersey - 'The Big Society' - In Action"


Jail for man who attacked former fishing partner

The case was heard in the Royal Court
The case was heard in the Royal Court
 
A HOMELESS man who repeatedly punched a man in the face while he was lying motionless on the ground was jailed for two years by the Royal Court on Friday.

The 46-year-old German national who has a warrant out for his arrest in his home country, left the man lying in a pool of blood after a drunken argument broke out between the pair.

He admitted committing the grave and criminal assault on the man – a former friend and fishing partner – outside the homeless shelter in Lewis Street just after 5.30 pm on 12 May.

1 comment:

  1. A warrent for his arrest in his home country, it frigging says it all. We can let this person in but not let a journalist, or even a songwriter who says by chance they will be working on a song whilst here. Granted it's tougher when you need a visa, i.e. outside of EuroFairyLand but as long as your a European no checks seem to take place on background etc.

    This sort of thing really gets my back up so I will leave it at that before I get accused of racism or something.

    Actually, on the racism front before I go, a landlord I know was about to rent out a one bedroom flat. At the last minute the prospective tenant said they were going to move in with their two children. The owner then said, quite reasonably, that its a one bedroom flat its not meant to take 3 people so I cant take you on. The landlord was then accused of being racist!! How on earth the prospective tenant came to that conclusion is beyond me.

    Like I said earlier this shit really gets my back up

    ReplyDelete