Search This Blog

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

"Safe Jersey - 'The Big Society' - In Action"

Jail for man who drank ten pints and crashed two cars

The case was dealth with in the Magistrate's Court
The case was dealt with in the Magistrate's Court
 

A MAN who drank an ‘enormous amount of alcohol’ on St Patrick’s Day then crashed two cars – one of them stolen – has been jailed.

The man, who drank ten pints before getting behind the wheel, caused a three-car pile-up at St Aubin after attempting to drive home in his car, the Magistrate’s Court heard yesterday.

He then fled the scene on foot before stealing a car that a man had left running while he dropped his elderly mother off at La Haule Manor nursing home. He crashed the second car close to his home in St Peter.

The unemployed 36-year-old was jailed for ten months, banned from driving for four years and ordered to pay £200 in compensation.

3 comments:

  1. Posted as anonmyous as I don't want to be birched although you can call me shitfaced.

    In his defence I would struggle to walk home after 10 pints and would also have driven. Not sure I'd have nicked a car having trashed mine though but I admire his improvisation skills.

    My wife is somehow able to crash cars completely sober, I've bought her a dodgem car to circumvent this although boot space is nominal making the shopping a bit difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WELL ABOUT 12 YEARS AGO WHEN I WAS WORKING IN HOLLAND I WAS A BIT DRUNK AND DROVE HOME ,I WAS STOPPED BY THE DUTCH POLICE AND THEY SAID I LOOKED A BIT CONFUSED AND WAS DRIVING UP AND DOWN THE SAME ROAD SEVERAL TIMES .
    I SAID YES SIR I AM LOST I HAVE ONLY BEEN LIVING HERE SINCE YESTERDAY AND I AM LOST ,HE ASKED WHAT THE ADDRESS WAS AND THEN TOLD ME TO FOLLOW HIM .
    NICE POLICE MAN SHOWED ME THE WAY HOME .NOW YOU GOT TO SEE THE FUNNY SIDE OF THIS .

    ReplyDelete
  3. the last post was from me e,o,m,f
    i dont condole driveing wile drunk but please refine drunk ?.
    i can drink 15 to 20 pints and not start a fight .i know some that have pint and a half of shandy and fight the world ha ha

    ReplyDelete