"JERSEY'S EVENING PROPAGANDA"
do you ever wonder why the (Jersey Evening Post) will not create a comments section for certain stories of vital importance to the people of Jersey ?
Disclaimer: the posting of stories, commentaries, reports, documents and links (embedded or otherwise) on this site does not in any way, shape or form, implied or otherwise, necessarily express or suggest endorsement or support of any of such posted material or parts therein.
Search This Blog
Saturday, 21 May 2011
"Another £100,000 Down The Pan"
£100,000 review proposed to boost States efficiency
A MAJOR review of the way that the States works and the jobs that politicians and top civil servants do has been proposed by the Council of Ministers.
Five years after the ministerial reforms took place, ministers are proposing a wide-ranging review to be conducted by a ‘cross-party’ group of nine States Members.
They say that the £100,000 review should consider:
• Whether controls on taxpayers’ money are tight enough.
• The roles played by senior civil servants.
• How everyone in the process can be held to account.
• The roles played by ministers, assistant ministers and Scrutiny panels.
• Whether ministerial and department remits should be rearranged.